- Cardstock: red, light blue, blue
- Papers: white/blue dot, summer-themed yellow/text
- Ribbons: yellow/white satin gingham, blue/white sheer dot
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, sanding block
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Dies: Framelits Primitive Stars, Sizzlits Summer Phrases
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Birthday Surprise Embossing Folders Set
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Blue chalk ink pad
- Crystal chunky glitter
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents Dimensional Medium
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue, foam dots
- 1. Make 5-1/2”x4-1/4” light blue top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/2”x3-1/4” red cardstock panel; emboss with stars texture. Very lightly sand raised areas.
- 3. Cut and adhere strip of summer-themed paper to fit red panel as shown. Mat red panel on blue cardstock.
- 4. Sew zigzag stitch along top, right, and bottom edges of yellow paper strip. Sew left side along edge of red cardstock. Adhere panel to card.
- 5. Die cut star from dot paper and phrase from blue cardstock. Sponge star edges with blue chalk ink; let dry.
- 6. Adhere phrase to card. Leaving card flat on work surface, highlight with Glossy Accents and let dry completely.
- 7. Apply thin layer of liquid glue to die-cut star; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 8. Wrap blue dot ribbon around top of card, knotting at left side; trim ends as shown. Adhere star to card using foam dots.
- 9. Tie yellow gingham ribbon into small bow; trim ends as shown. Adhere bow to card using liquid glue. Let dry.
by Deena Ziegler for Sizzix