Pumpkin Stick Can
size: 3-1/2” tall
- Recycled canister, 3-1/2”
- Orange craft sticks, 24
- Wooden shapes: 1-1/2” yellow triangle; two 7/8” pink circles; 1-1/4” and 1” green hearts; 1-1/2” green rectangle
- White key tags, 1-1/4”, two
- Black paper, scrap
- Black cording, 5” length
- Green chenille stem, 12” length
scissors, ruler, rubber bands
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue
- 1. If needed, measure and cut canister to 3-1/2”. Adhere sticks around can. Use rubber bands to hold sticks in place while drying.
- 2. Adhere small scraps of black paper behind holes in key tags; adhere on front of can (for eyes). Adhere yellow triangle (nose) and pink circles (cheeks) on face.
- 3. Measure and cut 5” length of black cording; tie knots on ends. Adhere cording ends on either cheek (for mouth).
- 4. Adhere green rectangle to inside top edge of can (for stem). Adhere chenille stem behind stem and hearts on either end of chenille stem (for leaves). Let dry. Bend stem into vine.
- 1. Substitute craft foam shapes for wooden shapes if desired. If colored craft sticks are unavailable, paint sticks orange before adhering around can.
by Linda Valentino