Lavender Sachet Lamb
- Red velour, 1/4 yd.
- Muslin, 1/8 yd.
- White wool felt scrap
- Red/white gingham ribbon, 5/8”, 24” length
- Black eye half round ball beads, 3/16”, two
- Dried lavender
- Red sewing thread
- White craft thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Hook-and-loop tape, 3/4”, 3” length
- Circle punches: 1/8”; 1-1/2”
- Sewing needle
- Circle template
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using a 1/4” seam allowance, pinning as needed. Velour fabric has a nap so cut all pieces going in the same direction.
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. From red velour, cut two head/body pieces, eight legs and two ears. Cuttwo face shapes from wool felt.
- 2. Pin wool felt faces to right side of head/ body pieces and sew close to inside edge. Cut hook-and-loop tape in half lengthwise, making it 3/8”-wide. (Note: You will only use one 3/8”-wide strip.) Separate hook-and-loop pieces. Sew pieces to both sides of body at bottom on front side between notches. Sew body/face pieces together, leaving 3” opening along bottom between notches. Turn lamb right side out through opening in bottom. Stuff head.
- 3. Cut two lavender bag shapes from muslin. Sew shapes together, leaving 3” opening on bottom. Turn right side out through opening. Fill bag with lavender. Hand sew opening closed. Insert lavender bag inside sheep.
- 4. Sew legs together in pairs, leaving 2” opening on one side of each leg. Turn legs right side out and stuff. Hand sew openings closed. Whip stitch legs evenly spaced to both sides of bottom front and back of body, being careful not to catch lavender bag in stitching (approximately 3/4” from seams).
- 5. Sew ear pieces together in pairs, leaving one straight edge open. Turn ears right side out. Hand sew openings closed. Whip stitch straight edges of ears together. Then sew straight edges of ears evenly to both sides of head.
- 6. Wrap ribbon around lamb’s neck and tie bow. Trim ends. For personalized tag, print message on card stock. Punch 1-1/2” circle around words. Draw circle around tag close to edge with black marker, using circle template. Punch 1/8” hole in top of tag. Insert craft thread through hole and tie around ribbon bow. Glue eyes symmetrically to both sides of face.
by Mary Ayres