Bingo Markers Watchband
B-I-N-G-O! You’ll be the big winner after making this fun bracelet-watch from antique-looking, wooden bingo markers.
- Watch base
- Wooden bingo markers, eight
- Beads: red E, 10; silver small crimp, six
- Beading cable, size .015, 20” length
- Silver chain, 2” length
- Magnetic ball clasp
sandpaper, tack cloth
- Wire cutters
- Crimping tool
- Drill with 1/16” bit
- 1. Drill hole through each marker. Sand and wipe dust with tack cloth.
- 2. Cut cable length in half; thread two crimp beads onto one length. Insert end through loop on watch base, then back through crimp beads in opposite direction. See Figure 1. Use crimping tool to crimp beads, leaving 1” wire tail. (see photos)
- 3. Thread one E bead between each four markers onto cable, starting and ending with E bead. Thread cable through silver-chain end link and one half of magnetic clasp. Thread crimp bead onto cable; crimp bead and trim excess cable.
- 4. Repeat steps to make other half of watchband on remaining cable length.
by Barbara Matthiessen