- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Antique Maroon, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Dioxazine Purple, Georgia Clay, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Lavender, Moon Yellow, Napa Red, Primitive Yellow, Purple Cow, Sand, Tangelo Orange, Terra Cotta, Warm White; Dazzling Metallics: Glorious Gold
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Golden Taklon: Glaze/Wash, Series R700, 3/4”; Angular, Series R160, 3/8”; Filbert, Series R170, #8; Pointed Round, Series R250, #4; Monogram Liner, Series R595, #10/0; Royal Soft-Grip: White Nylon Blending Mop, Series SG1400, 1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- World globe
- 1. Clean surface with damp cloth. Undercoat entire globe and base Lamp Black. Use craft sponge to sponge Georgia Clay over entire globe only. (Note: Some black may be slightly visible.)
- 2. Print out pattern. Use photo as sample guide to transfer basic details in sections; start with pumpkin face centered on globe, then place ghosts around globe, and finally add moons and stars. Randomly add wording, placing where they fit best and filling any holes. (Note: Names used are some of many different Halloween like holidays around the world. To add more, choose different font styles and sizes; print and transfer.)
- Painting Instructions
- 1. Note: Some globes come apart easily, separating globe from base. You may find it easier to paint and shade with globe sitting in your lap.
- 1. Shade Antique Maroon down side of globe to form pumpkin sections; shade around top of globe for pumpkin “lid”.
- 1. Base eyes nose and mouth Primitive Yellow. Paint Warm White across bottom of eyes then float Tangelo Orange above white areas. Highlight Warm White in upper corners of eyes. Paint iris’ Cadmium Orange and pupils Lamp Black; highlight Warm White along bottom of pupils then add sparkles. Shade Tangelo Orange along bottom of nose and mouth; highlight Warm White. Shade Antique Maroon behind eyes, nose, and mouth.
- 1. Base Warm White and shade Sand. Paint eyes and mouth Lamp Black; highlight Warm White as needed. Base noses Lavender; shade Dioxazine Purple and highlight Purple Cow. For cheeks, dip cotton swab in water and then in Napa Red; dab on palette until most of paint is gone and apply to cheek areas. Add Warm White highlight dots.
- Moons, Stars, and Wording
- 1. Base moon Moon Yellow; shade Honey Brown and highlight Warm White. Base stars Cadmium Yellow; shade Terra Cotta and highlight Warm White. Paint lettering Lamp Black.
- 1. (Note: Due to various different globe bases, adapt instructions as needed.) Sponge top of base Dioxazine Purple; use monogram liner and Warm White to paint cobweb design. Paint midsection below top Lamp Black. Cut a piece from craft sponge to sponge Georgia Clay checked border; dot Warm White between orange checks. Paint bottom section Antique Gold then Glorious Gold.
- 2. Paint edges of axle handle Lamp Black; paint center area Antique Gold then Glorious Gold.
- 1. Apply several light sealer coats.
by Diane Marie Kellogg