Does Dad have an autographed baseball he treasures from years ago? Use Krylon paint, a candlestick, and some vintage baseball paper to create a pedestal to showcase his special memento.
- Wooden candlestick, 9” tall
- Wooden 6” square, 1/8” thick
- Vintage baseball paper
- Black Rub-on alphabet letters
- Black electrical tape
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint: Flat Ruddy Brown, Gloss Black
- Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Red Pepper Brush-on Paint
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, sandpaper, soft cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Découpage medium
- Craft glue
- 1. Allow paint to dry before applying next color.
- Baseball Pedestal
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to spray paint candlestick Ruddy Brown.
- 2. Using photo as guide, paint candlestick cup top and bottom edge, top edge of center section, and base Red Pepper.
- 3. To create bat handle grip, wrap electrical tape around upper portion of center candlestick section as shown in photo.
- 4. Cut 2” corner from wooden square (home plate). Sand rough edge; wipe with soft cloth. Spray paint entire square Black; let dry.
- 5. Trace home plate on back of vintage baseball paper. Draw line 1/8” inside tracing line; cut on inside line. Apply rub-on letters to paper edge to spell “home” as shown. Adhere baseball paper to home plate using découpage medium; let dry. (see photos)
- 6. Adhere candlestick to center of home plate.
by Colette George for Krylon