Snowman Glove Arrangement
- Clay pot
- STYROFOAM brand foam Balls (Dow), 1", five
- White stretch glove
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Black half round beads (eyes), 5mm, 10
- Orange acrylic paint or permanent marker
- White acrylic paint
- Pom-poms (buttons), 1/8"
- Ribbon and fabric scraps (scarves), 1/4"x6", five
- Snowflake sequins
- Hat items: black felt (top hat); fingertip from recycled glove (knit cap); 1/2" pom-poms and chenille stem (earmuffs)
- Low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White craft glue
- 1. Paint clay pot white. Color ends of five toothpicks orange. Set aside to dry.
- 2. Insert 1" ball into tip of each finger of glove.
- 3. Stuff remaining glove with small pieces of fiberfill stuffing. (Note: Do not overstuff.)
- 4. Gather cuff together with thumb folded over towards middle. Hot glue glove cuff to bottom of clay pot.
- 5. Place a small amount of fiberfill stuffing down around glove with several snowflake sequins glued to toothpicks. Pull snowman heads up a bit so they stretch up out of pot.
- 6. Glue eyes to faces as shown.
- 7. For scarves, tie ribbon or fabric scraps around necks.
- 8. Use nippers to trim 3/4" lengths from painted toothpick ends. Cut ends at an angle to create a sharp point. Push end of toothpick through glove and into foam fall for nose.
- 9. For top hat, cut 1-3/8" circle (brim), 1"x2-1/2" rectangle (stovepipe) and 1" square (crown) from black felt. For knit cap, cut finger tip from recycled glove and fold up raw edge for brim. For earmuffs, cut 2" length from chenille stem and use two 1/2" pom-poms. Glue top hat, knit cap or earmuffs to snowmen as desired.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Company