Paint a tackle box for Dad or Grandpa as a special Father’s Day gift. They’ll be proud to bring it along on their next fishing trip!
- Wooden box with handle, approx. 4”x6-1/2”x10”
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Pine Green, Black, Light Ivory, Burnt Sienna, Latte, Antique Rose, Autumn Brown, Trail Tan
scissors, pencil, sandpaper, damp cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface), transfer paper
- Royal & Langnickel Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Angular Shader, Series 160, 1/2”; Shader, Series 150, #4-12; Liner, Series 595, #2; stylus
- Delta Ceramcoat Matte Sealer
- Black extra-fine-tip permanent marker
- 1. Basecoat box Latte; shade edges Autumn Brown. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer outlines only to box.
- 2. Paint the following: fish Pine Green; stars and top bobber halves Light Ivory; remaining bobber areas Burnt Sienna; lettering Pine Green.
- 3. Shade fish Black, Light Ivory half of bobbers Trail Tan, and lettering Black. Brush fish with mixture of Pine Green and Light Ivory, leaving darker green around edge of fish. Add Trail Tan to mixture to shade lower portion of fish as shown. Add Antique Rose and Light Ivory highlights to fish belly and along bottom of tail. Highlight Light Ivory around outside edge of fish. Add Light Ivory highlight dots along belly using stylus.
- 4. Transfer remaining details. Use marker to trace details. Add Light Ivory highlight dots to fishes’ eyes. Add Light Ivory details to lettering. Highlight Light Ivory around outside edge of lettering. Where letters overlap, add water to paint to mute highlight. Lightly spatter box surface with Black paint.
- 5. For “distressed” look, lightly sand box edges; wipe with damp cloth. Apply sealer.
by Cheryl Seslar