- One pair any size jeans
- One-eighth yard cotton fabric of choice
- Optional: Iron-On Rhinestones, Pink
- DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Acrylics: Antique Gold, Baby Pink Deep, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Orange, Canary Yellow, Hauser Light Green, Lavender, Prussian Blue, Spruce Green, White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Aqualon: Shader, Series R2150, #4, #6; Round, Series 2250, #3; Liner, Series R2595, #10/0; Soft Grip: Fitch Deerfoot, Series SG393, 1/8”
- Sewing machine
- Heavy duty sewing machine needle (size 100/16 or jean needle)
- Matching thread, straight pins
- Hook and loop tape
- 1. Turn jeans inside out and cut away legs 2” below zipper, but above crotch. Sew raw edges together in 1/2” seam; use zigzag stitch to finish edges. Turn right side out.
- 2. For shoulder strap, cut a 4”x25” strip from one pant leg (adjust length if desired). Fold raw edges along each long side under 1/4” and press. With wrong sides facing, fold strap in half widthwise and sew edges together. Use zigzag stitch to finish short raw edges, then sew ends to inside waist at sides; sew back and fourth several times.
- 3. For purse fastener, cut two 3” lengths from hook and loop tape and sew each to inside waist between sides and zipper.
- 4. For belt tie, cut a 4”x44” strip from fabric. Fold all raw edges under 1/4” and press. With wrong sides facing, fold belt in half widthwise and sew around all edges. Thread belt through jean loops and tie at front. (Optional: Add crystals to pocket trim if desired.)
by Debbie Freudenheim