- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Asphaltum, Bleached Sand, Burnt Umber, Desert Sand, Hauser Medium Green, Plum, Soft Black, Soft Lilac
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #8, #12; Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1; Oval Wash, Series R2950, 3/4”; Majestic: Filbert, Series R4170, #4
- DecoArt: Texture Primer/Sealer (TXFP07); Paintable Texture Crackle (TX06-51)
- Pre-Stretched Gallery Edge Wrapped Canvas, 11”x14”, two
- Foam roller, 4”
- 1. Print out patterns.
- 2. Use roller to prime canvases and edges with Texture Primer/Sealer. Let dry. Use oval wash, Bleached Sand and Desert Sand to randomly slip-slap entire surface and edges. Very lightly transfer outer edge lines of labels onto canvases. Scoop two separate piles of Paintable Texture Crackle onto palette; use palette knife to mix some Bleached Sand and some Desert Sand separately into each pile. In same manner as frosting cake, use palette knife to randomly apply mixed piles onto canvases avoiding label area. (Note: The heavier the application the bigger the cracks.) Allow to dry completely.
- 3. Base wine label areas Bleached Sand. Transfer basic details.
- Painting Instructions
- 1. Note: Paint both canvases in same manner.
- 1. Use liner and thinned Burnt Umber to softly outline wine label; deepen with thinned Asphaltum. Shade art designs on labels (grapes, leaves, house, garden, trees, etc.) with soft floats of thinned Burnt Umber; repeat to strengthen. Use liner and thinned Burnt Umber to paint wording, linework, etc.; repeat to strengthen here and there.
- 2. Softly shade label corners with Burnt Umber; repeat to strengthen. Add some additional shading with Asphaltum. Wash label cracks with thinned Burnt Umber; deepen with thinned Asphaltum.
- Grape Vines
- 1. Line vines and tendrils with thinned Burnt Umber; deepen with thinned Asphaltum. Wash leaves with thinned Hauser Med. Green; shade with floats of same color. Wash grapes with thinned Plum and shade with floats of same color; add Soft Lilac center accents.
- 1. Use thinned Plum to wash “Buona” and “Fortuna”; shade with equal mix of Burnt Umber + Plum along left side of letters.
- 1. Shade and glaze corners of canvas and here and there with thinned Burnt Umber and some thinned Plum accents. Strengthen with some thinned Soft Black. Lightly spatter canvas with thinned Soft Black avoiding labels.
- 2. Varnish is not needed. (Note: Use matte varnish if desired.)
by Patricia Rawlinson