- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Arbor Green, Blue Chiffon, Butter, Cashmere Beige, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Light Mocha, Lilac, Mauve, Mint Julep Green, Pink Chiffon, Royal Purple, Sable Brown, Soft Black, Soft Peach, Warm White, Williamsburg Blue
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon—Acrylic Handle: Shader, Series 7300C, #2, #4; La Corneille Golden Taklon: Liner, Series 7350, #18/0, #0; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 1/4”; Wash/Glaze, Series, 7550, 3/4”; Filbert, Series 7500, #4; Specialty: Berry Maker, Series 515-XL, Extra-Large
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Decorative ribbon in white and assorted pastel colors: 1/2” to 5/8”-wide
- Baby Mobile Kit (#22-W1001) from Cupboard Distributing (kit includes, two large bells) (3-3/4”x2-3/4”), two medium bells (2-1/2”x2-1/4”), two small bells (2”x1-3/4”), baby mobile base, and twelve screw eyes
- 1. Seal all wood pieces with multipurpose sealer. Let dry and sand lightly; wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Optional: Patterns may be repeated at opposite side of jingle bells if desired.)
- Blue “B” Jingle Bell
- 1. Use wash/glaze to base bell Blue Chiffon and use #4 shader to base top button Williamsburg Blue. Use #2 shader to paint letter Williamsburg Blue. Use angular shader to shade Williamsburg Blue shadows along right sides of letter and bear.
- 2. For bear, use filbert and #0 liner to base body Cashmere Beige. Use angular shader and Sable Brown to shade along base of ears, bottom of head, below tummy, and right sides of legs. Use same brush to highlight Lt. Mocha along top edges. Use filbert to paint muzzle Lt. Mocha; use angular shader to shade Cashmere Beige along bottom and highlight Warm White along top. Use toe of angular shader to dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlight top of head, tummy, hands, and feet. Use stylus to dot Soft Black.
- 3. For background hearts, load filbert with Pink Chiffon, start at rounded top of left side, pull down, and twist bringing stroke to a point; repeat for right side. Use large end of stylus to add random Warm White dots.
- Pink “a” Jingle Bell
- 1. Base bell Pink Chiffon and top button Mauve. Use #2 shader to paint letter Mauve; use 18/0 liner to sharpen tips. Use angular shader to shade Mauve shadows along right sides of letter and bear. Paint bear in same manner as letter “B”.
- 2. For background circles, load berry maker with Warm White; press down and twist to create “bubbles”. (Note: Centers will be lighter and edges darker.) Randomly dot tri-Warm White dots, then dot Lilac in centers.
- Green “b” Jingle Bell
- 1. Base bell Mint Julep Green and top button Arbor Green. Paint letter Arbor Green. Shade Arbor Green shadows along right sides of letter and bear. Paint bear in same manner as letter “B”. Use 18/0 liner and thinned Butter to paint bow around neck.
- 2. For background flowers, load #0 liner with Warm White; start at ends of petal and pull towards center. Dot centers Butter.
- Lavender “y’ Jingle Bell
- 1. Base bell Lilac and top button Royal Purple. Paint letter Royal Purple; use 18/0 liner to sharpen tips. Shade Royal Purple shadows along right sides of letter and bear. Paint bear in same manner as letter “B”.
- 2. Use #2 shader and #0 liner to paint stars Butter. Add random Butter background dots.
- Yellow Jingle Bell
- 1. Base bell Butter and top button Lilac. Use berry maker to add Lilac bubbles. Add random Arbor Green background dots.
- Peach Jingle Bell
- 1. Base bell Soft Peach and top button Blue Chiffon. Use 18/0 liner and thinned Blue Chiffon to paint random “X’s”. Let dry. Add Warm White dots to ends of X’s and in centers. Add random Blue Chiffon background dots.
- Mobile Base
- 1. Use wash/glaze to base Warm White. Use berry maker to add “bubbles” around entire edge in the following colors: Lilac, Mint Julep Green, Pink Chiffon, Blue Chiffon, Soft Peach, and Butter. Use same colors to add random bubbles to bottom of base.
- 1. Spray each piece with several sealer coats.
- 2. See Figs. 1 and 2. Attach screw eyes to top and bottom of mobile base where indicated by “•”. Attach screw eyes to top of each jingle bell. For hanger, thread white ribbon of same lengths through screw eyes at top of mobile base. Tie ends together in a bow. Add a dot of glue to back of bow knot to secure. Thread pastel ribbons through screw eyes at bottom of base in various lengths; tie ends in a bow through screw eye at top of jingle bells. Add a dot of glue to back of bow knot to secure. Arrange bells so letters are viewable by twisting screw eyes. (see photos)
- 3. Note: This mobile is intended for decorative purposes only. It is not intended to hang above crib or to be used as a toy.
by Chris Haughey