- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Dark Chocolate, Gooseberry Pink, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Mustard Seed, Warm White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Wash/Glaze, Series 7150, 1/4”, 1/2”; Round, Series 7000, #5, #8; Liner, Series 7350, #1; Script Liner, Series 7050, #1; Specialty: White Bristle Stencil, Series 1136, 1/4”; Round Scumbler, Series 2014, #4, #6
- Textile medium
- Optional: Sheer white ribbon, 1”-wide
- Baby bib: plain white twill of choice
- Star stencil
- Heat transfer pencil
- 1. Wash and dry bib; do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Press with iron.
- 2. Print out pattern. Turn tracing paper over and use heat transfer pencil to retrace lines. Follow manufacturer’s directions to transfer pattern onto bib. (Note: When painting on fabric, you need a firm surface under fabric. You can cover a cardboard piece with plastic wrap and tape fabric to cardboard securing tightly in place.)
- Artist’s Tip
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for use of Textile Medium; add medium to paint before painting.
- 1. Base entire face Honey Brown and shade Dk. Chocolate; while wet, brush Warm White into muzzle areas. Shade Gooseberry Pink inside ears and cheeks. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, nose, and mouth; dot freckles. Add Warm White highlight stars to eyes; highlight nose and dot top of muzzle. Use Lamp Black to lightly outline and add detailing.
- 1. Randomly stencil stars on bib Mustard Seed. Heat set paint: place thin cloth over painted surface and press with warm iron.