Combine die-cut geometric style with soft, vintage-look papers to create this summer “thank you.” Die-cut, rolled roses create a beautiful focal element.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: Marshmallow, Gum Drop
- My Mind’s Eye The Sweetest Thing Honey Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Kaisercraft Sweet Pea Rhinestones
- May Arts Yellow Pom-Pom Trim
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Nestabilities Hexagons (S4-368), Shapeabilities Donna Salazar Collection Bitty Blossoms (S5-086)
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Corner Rounder Punch
- Technique Tuesday Thanks Clear Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Ink pads: Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk Charcoal, Chestnut Roan; Tsukineko VersaMark
- A Muse Studio Diamond Embossing Powder
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares
- 1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” white top-fold card. Round bottom corners with punch.
- 2. Cut 4”x5-1/4” patterned paper panel; round corners. Sponge edges with Chestnut Roan ink; adhere to card.
- 3. Cut 4”x2-1/2” strip from second paper, round bottom corners, and sponge edges Chestnut Roan. Stamp Charcoal sentiment as shown and adhere to bottom of large panel. Adhere rhinestone.
- 4. Cut and adhere 4” pom-pom trim length over paper seam between patterned pieces.
- 5. Die cut/emboss assortment of Hexagons #1 and #2 from patterned papers. Arrange and adhere to card as shown.
- 6. Die cut/emboss Bitty Blossoms Med and SM from patterned papers. Roll, shape, and secure flowers with adhesive.
- 7. Die cut/emboss/stencil Bitty Blossoms Double Leaves from green cardstock. Using watermark ink pad, apply ink to raised areas through die; remove die. Heat emboss inked areas with Diamond powder.
- 8. Fold leaf shape in half and adhere beneath edge of medium flower. Adhere flowers to card.
- 1. Try this card in bold black-and-white or neon brights for different looks. Change the sentiment to suit multiple occasions.
by Michelle Woerner for Spellbinders