Vintage Gift Tags
- Cream felt, 1/4 yd.
- Crinoline, 1/4 yd.
- White muslin, 1/4 yd.
- Vintage lace pieces
- Lace, 1-1/2”-wide, 1/2 yd.
- Gold organza scraps
- White cardstock
- Martha Stewart Crafts Antique Silver Glitter (EK Success)
- Twinklets Diamond Dust (FloraCraft)
- Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue (Ranger)
- Gold eyelets, three
- Vintage buttons and button card
- Vintage photo
- Pearl and metallic beads
- Sewing needle
- Cream button thread
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Disappearing ink marker
- Hole punch
- Eyelet setter
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and ink jet printer
- 1. Layer in the following order: muslin; felt; crinoline with 1/2” lace centered on top. Pin layers in place.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Use disappearing ink marker to trace tag onto fabric with lace centered down on front of fabric.
- 3. Machine sew along traced line. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut 1/8” beyond machine stitched line, around entire tag.
- 4. Punch hole in top of tag; set eyelet.
- 5. Apply Stickles around edge of fabric tag. While still wet, apply Diamond Dust and Antique Silver glitters. Shake off excess and let dry.
- 6. Thread and tie organza strip through eyelet.
- Tag Variations
- 1. Mat photo onto felt piece and trim with glitter.
- 2. Trim bottom of tag with lace and buttons.
- 3. Trim down vintage button card, mat with crinoline and felt. Edge with glitters. Apply lace and pearl beads.
- 4. Layer and glue three buttons together. Glue small pearl bead to center. Glue a strip of lace horizontally across tag and buttons to center of tag.
by Rebekah Meier