Harmony Bird Sanctuary
Transform a STYROFOAM Brand Foam egg into a charming, vintage-look accent for your springtime home using tissue paper, stickers, and petite embellishments.
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Egg, 4”
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Composer Tissue Paper
- K&Co. Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna Collection Birds and Leaves Grand Adhesions Stickers
- Prima Marketing Cradle Robin Mini Nest with Eggs
- Excelsior moss
- Grapevine bird nest, 3-1/2”
scissors, ruler, pencil, cosmetic wedge sponge, metal teaspoon, wax paper (to cover work surface)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen Ink Pad
- Flat paintbrush, 1”-wide
- Waxed dental floss
- Adhesives: gloss-finish découpage medium, white craft glue
- 1. Using pencil, draw vertical line from pointed end of foam egg, down around base, back up to tip.
- 2. Cut length of dental floss twice lengthwise diameter of egg. Wrap floss around egg on line, cross ends, and pull to cut completely through egg. Set aside one half-egg for future project.
- 3. Using metal teaspoon, remove inside of foam half-egg, creating recessed area within egg.
- 4. Using brush, coat inside and cut edges of egg with découpage medium; press music tissue to surface. Apply medium to outside of egg; continue pressing tissue to surface, overlapping edges and applying additional medium as needed. Trim excess tissue and découpage edges to egg. Let dry.
- 5. Using sponge, apply Antique Linen ink over surface of egg; let dry.
- 6. Using craft glue, adhere egg base into small nest. Place excelsior in nest in front of egg, spot gluing here and there. Adhere mini nest into moss at center of egg.
- 7. Cut desired bird from dimensional sticker and adhere into nest as shown.
- 8. Adhere sentiment sticker to top of egg; secure with drop of craft glue.
- 1. Use remaining tissue sheets and three-dimensional stickers to create coordinating wall art panels from sheets of STYROFOAM Brand Foam.
by Rebekah Meier for The Dow Chemical Co.