Country Critters Wood Hangers
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Rose, Antique White, Camel, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Medium Flesh, Milk Chocolate, Mustard Seed, Peony Pink, Sapphire, Taffy Cream, Terra Cotta, Warm White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: American Painter: Shader, Series 4300, #6, #12; Angular Shader, Series 4400, 1/2”; La Corneille Golden Taklon: Liner, Series 7350, #0
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Optional: Star stencil; white iridescent ribbon, 1”-wide
- Wood Baby Hangers
- 1. Fill any holes with wood filler. Allow to dry and lightly sand surface; wipe dust. Base with two coats Taffy Cream. Print patterns; transfer basic details onto hangers.
- 1. Base head and body Mustard Seed; shade Milk Chocolate and fl oat wavy feather lines on body. Float cheeks Antique Rose. Base beak Camel; shade Milk Chocolate and highlight Warm White. Use Lamp Black to paint glasses; paint eyes and all stitching around chicken. Use Warm White to add highlight dots to eyes and cheeks. Paint (or stencil) stars on hanger Terra Cotta.
- 1. Base muzzle Medium Flesh; shade Milk Chocolate then shade again with Antique Rose along top and sides. Float Antique Rose inside nostrils and again with Milk Chocolate. Use Lamp Black to paint mouth and detailing dots along top of muzzle; line nostrils. Add Warm White highlight dots above cheeks.
- 2. Base head and body Antique White; shade Milk Chocolate. Paint spots and eyes Lamp Black. Highlight dot eyes Warm White.
- 3. Paint flowers in Sapphire and Peony Pink: use handle end of liner brush, dip into paint, and pull petals from outside in, lifting as you pull in. Dot flower centers Terra Cotta and paint stems Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Add random Warm White dots to hanger. Shade hanger edges Milk Chocolate then add Lamp Black stitch lines.
- 2. Apply several sealer coats. (Optional: Knot 6” ribbon lengths around hanger handles; cut raw edges to form “V” shapes.
by Betty Bowers