Holiday Tussy Mussy
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cone (Dow), 12”x4”
- White Ridge Paper (Strathmore), 20”x26”
- 18K Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Ribbon: red/white velvet striped, 2”-wide; red velvet, 1/4”-wide; red/gold, 1/4”-wide
- Floral excelsior
- Artificial evergreen and berry picks
- Merry Christmas stamp (Rubber Stampede)
- Red pigment ink
- Red glitter glue
- Hole punch
- Floral scissors
- Optional: Sewing machine and matching thread
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. To make paper pattern for cone, place tip of cone at one corner edge on backside of paper. Carefully roll cone across paper, using pencil to trace bottom curve from one end of paper to the other.
- 2. Wrap paper around cone and secure with paper glue. Use straight pins to secure until glue sets.
- 3. Cut one yard from striped ribbon. Pleat fold ribbon and secure with straight pins. Machine sew across pleats, removing pins.
- 4. Glue pleated ribbon to top of Tussy Mussy. Glue red/gold ribbon around top of Tussy Mussy, covering machine stitching.
- 5. Tie red velvet ribbon bow and glue to front of Tussy Mussy.
- 6. Fill Tussy Mussy with evergreen and floral berry picks. Fill top of Tussy Mussy with excelsior, tucking it between the evergreen sprigs.
- 7. For hanger, insert paper-covered floral stem into STYROFOAM at the back of the Tussy Mussy.
- 8. For tag, cut 2”x4-1/4” rectangle from paper, and trim top corners at an angle. Use red ink to stamp “Merry Christmas” on tag. Edge tag with Leafing Pen. Add glitter glue to edges of tag. Let dry completely. Punch hole and tie to Tussy Mussy.
by Rebekah Meier for The Dow Chemical Co.