Silvered Bird Décor
- Wooden items: napkin rings; candle cups (cdwood.com), 1-7/8"x1-15/16"x7/8" hole (or size of choice); shapes (one per napkin ring): bird (craftcuts.com), 3"; teardrop, 2"
- Glass votive
- Craft mirrors: 1" (bird embellishment), one; 1/2", 18 (for smaller votive or to fit diameter of votive)
- Flowers (Prima Marketing): White; Silver
- White grosgrain ribbon, 1/2", 6" length
- Decorative scrapbooking fabric tape
- Self-adhesive rhinestones
- Spray paints (Krylon): Indoor/Outdoor: Satin White; Black Satin; Metallic: Silver Metallic
- Silver Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Clear tiny glass beads
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Rubber stamps: ornamental floral or lace background; holiday sentiment of choice
- Black pigment ink
- Wax candle
- Sanding block
- Aleene's (iLoveToCreate): Liquid Fusion; Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Spray paint birds Satin Black. Let dry and rub surface of shapes randomly with wax candle. Spray Satin White. When dry, lightly sand surface to reveal distressed finish. Spray teardrops Silver Metallic.
- 2. Stamp background on birds. Glue wing, round craft mirror and flower center embellishment to bird.
- 3. For napkin rings, follow Step 2 to paint birds black, then white. Cut 2" lengths from ribbon. Use ink to stamp holiday sentiment on ribbon. Fork ends with scissors and glue to back of bird. Glue bird to wooden napkin ring. Apply self-adhesive rhinestones to ribbon under sentiment.
- 4. For votive, use Liquid Fusion to adhere craft mirrors around diameter of votive. Work one area at a time, allowing glue to set while votive is drying on sides before turning to next area. If desired, apply adhesive tape to diameter of votive. Cut 3" length from grosgrain ribbon and use stamp sentiment. Fork ends with scissors and glue to back of bird. Use Liquid Fusion to adhere bird to votive. Fill with tiny clear glass beads and candles.
by Melony Bradley