- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Brandy Wine, French Mauve, Golden Straw, Light Avocado, Reindeer Moss Green, Warm White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1; Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #4, #6, #8; Filbert, Series R3170, #8
- Acrylic varnish, matte
- Wood candle stand and faux candle available through Patricia Rawlinson
- 1. Trace pattern.
- Candle Stand
- 1. Using photo as guide and working from bottom of stand up, basecoat base Reindeer Moss Green; shade Lt. Avocado. Use #6 shader and Lt. Avocado to add checked band; randomly dot base Warm White. Base next section Golden Straw; glaze Brandy Wine. Use Brandy Wine to line tiny little bands below and above Golden Straw section. Base next section and entire under portion of stand French Mauve; glaze Brandy Wine.
- 2. For side edges of stand, base thin raised edge Brandy Wine. Base wider edge Golden Straw; shade Brandy Wine. Transfer pattern. Use thinned Lt. Avocado Green to add stroke leaves and vines.
- 3. Base top of stand French Mauve; shade Brandy Wine along outer edges. Transfer pattern. Use thinned Warm White to line lace and add thicker Warm White dots and strokes.
- 1. Base Reindeer Moss Green working around drips; apply as many coats as needed for opaque coverage. Shade Lt. Avocado along bottom. Transfer pattern. Use Lt. Avocado to line stems and stroke leaves. For flower petals, double-load #4 shader with French Mauve and Brandy Wine; stroke a short flat stroke near flower center so dark color is to inside. Repeat same working around flower center. Dot flower center Golden Straw. Randomly dot Warm White on candle between flowers.
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats.
by Patricia Rawlinson