size: 8” tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4” ball, 2-1/2” ball, two 1” balls
- Wire, 30” length
- White furry chenille stems, two
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Orange pom-pom
- Felt, scraps: red, blue, green
- Acrylic paints: blue, black
- Silver cardstock or construction paper, 1”x10-1/2”
- Small feather
- Pink powdered blush
- Hole punch
- Thick craft glue
- Plastic knife
- Sponge scrap
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For hat, measure and cut 4” circle, 2-5/8” circle, and 2-1/2”x8-1/2” rectangle from blue felt. Wrap rectangle into tube; glue larger circle on bottom and smaller circle on top. See photo. (see photos)
- 2. Measure and cut thin green felt strip. Wrap and glue strip around hat. Glue feather on side of hat. Let dry. Glue hat on top of 4” ball (body).
- 3. For arms and legs, measure and cut two 7” and two 8” lengths of wire. Wrap chenille stems around wire lengths. Glue 1” balls (hands) on ends of arms. Glue arms on sides of body.
- 4. For feet, cut 2-1/2” ball in half. On covered work surface, paint feet black. Let dry. Glue feet on bottom of legs and legs into bottom of body.
- 5. For ski poles, paint wooden skewers blue. Let dry. Cut two 1/8” blue felt circles. Insert circles on ends of ski poles. Glue ski poles onto ends of arms. For skis, measure and cut 1”x10-1/2” strips from silver cardstock. Cut ends into points. Curl pointed ends slightly. Glue skis on bottom of feet.
- 6. Glue wiggle eyes and orange pom-pom (nose) on face. Cut small mouth from red felt; glue on face. Lightly blush cheeks pink.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.