Warm Winter Mitten Chocolate Spoon Gift Wrap
- Coffee mug
- WoolFelt (National Nonwovens): Peat Moss; White
- Red polka dot ribbon
- Red square button (The Button Company)
- Miniature jingle bell
- Dies (Spellbinders): Nested Mittens; Snowflake Wonder
- The Wizard Die Cutting & Embossing Machine(Spellbinders)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): Red (321); Vy. Dk. Avocado Green (936)
- Embroidery needle
- Pinking shears (Fiskars)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Use pinking shears to cut 1/2"-wide strip from White felt. Place on top of Peat Moss felt and die cut Nested Mitten. Repeat. Use Vy. Dk. Avocado Green floss to cross stitch center of white felt strip as shown.
- 2. Die cut snowflake from White felt. Sew snowflake to center of mitten, and use Vy. Dk. Avocado Green floss to sew button to snowflake.
- 3. Use Red floss to blanket stitch top edge of mitten. Lay mitten front onto mitten back and continue blanket stitching around entire edge of mitten. Snip two small holes in back of mitten, thread ribbon through holes and tie around mug. Place peppermint chocolate-dipped spoon in mitten. Hot glue small bow to top of spoon handle and bell to bow.
- 4. Instructions for peppermint chocolate dipped spoons (see photos)
by Keri Lee Sereika for Spellbinders Paper Arts