Celebrate the Easter season with this adorable little bunny – made from an inexpensive winter glove! It’s so quick and easy that even kids will enjoy making it.
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Egg, 3-13/16”
- White stretch glove
- Pom-poms: 5mm pink; 3/8” white, two; 1/2” white, two; 1” white
- Ribbon, 1/4”-wide: pink with green dots, 5” length; pink with white dots, 9” length
- Yellow ribbon rose
- White craft foam, 2-1/2” circle
- Hot pink felt, scrap
- Black half round beads, 5mm, two
- Gray heavy-duty thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing needle and white thread
- Hole punch, 1/4”
- Adhesives: thick craft glue, glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Adult supervision is needed when using a glue gun.
- 1. Turn glove wrong side out. Use a running stitch to sew thumb, fourth, and fifth fingers closed at base. Cut thumb and fingers 1/8” from seams. Turn glove right side out. For ears, fill remaining fingers with stuffing. Insert narrow end of egg inside glove; pull glove down until cuff of glove is below bottom of egg and body is smooth.
- 2. Fold cuff of glove up and use glue gun to adhere bottom of cuff to craft foam circle as shown in photo. For feet, use craft glue to adhere 1/2” pom-poms to center front of cuff. For eyes, adhere beads to head as shown. For whiskers, cut three 3” lengths from gray thread. Bundle lengths together and adhere center of whiskers to center of head, 3/4” from eyes. For muzzle, adhere 3/8” pom-poms to center of whiskers. Adhere 5mm pom-pom (nose) to center top of muzzle. For mouth, use hole punch to punch a circle from felt; adhere mouth under muzzle. (see photos)
- 3. Tie white-dotted ribbon into a 2”-wide bow; cut ribbon ends at a slant. Cut green-dotted ribbon in half. Adhere one end of each length to each side of center back of bow; cut ribbon ends at a slant. Center and adhere bow below muzzle. Adhere rose to center of bow.
by Kathleen George for Dow Chemical Company