Snack Bags for Easter
All you need are paper lunch bags, assorted papers, and basic craft supplies to make delightful treat bags. Fill with Easter grass and jelly beans, colored eggs, or chocolates for a special springtime surprise.
- White paper bags, 6”-wide, two
- Cardstock: light blue, light pink, yellow, orange, light purple, bright pink, bright purple, bright blue, white
- Hot pink raffia
scissors, ruler, stapler
- Punches: triangle; circle: 9/16” diameter, 1/4” diameter; corner flower
- Snake decorative-edged scissors
- Bright blue fine-tip permanent marker
- EK Success ZIG 2-way Glue Pen
- 1. Use photo as assembly guide throughout.
- 1. For each bag, use snake scissors to cut bag to measure 6” tall. Use regular scissors to cut 5” square from light blue; punch flowers in each corner. Adhere square centered to front of bag. Draw wiggly border on bag around square with marker.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut flowers from yellow. Punch 9/16”-diameter circle from bright purple (bunny) and bright pink (sheep) and twelve 1/4”-diameter circles from orange. Adhere 9/16”-diameter circle to flower center and six orange circles around each center. Draw details with marker.
- 3. For each handle, cut three 10” lengths from raffia; knot lengths together at one end, leaving 1” tail. Tape end to work surface and braid 8-1/2” length; knot ends. Trim ends 1” past knots. Staple handle ends above knots to outside center top of bag sides.
- 4. Tie a bow from two strands of raffia for each bag; trim ends and separate strands; set aside.
- 1. Cut heart (head) and large circle (ears) from light pink and cut small circle (inner ears) from white. For nose, punch triangle from bright pink. For eyes, punch two 1/4”-diameter circles from bright blue. Transfer details to face; trace with marker.
- 2. Adhere bunny together as shown. Adhere bunny, purple-centered flower, and one raffia bow to bag.
- 1. Cut heart (head) from white and cut one small circle (face) and two half circles (ears) from light purple. Punch triangle (nose) from bright purple and two 1/4”-diameter circles (eyes) from bright blue. Transfer details to head; trace with marker.
- 2. Adhere sheep together as shown. Adhere sheep, remaining flower, and raffia bow to bag.
by Mary Ayres