Doily Favor Bags
size: 9” tall
- Brown paper lunch sacks
- Wilton Paper Doilies, 8”
- Wooden spring-type clothespins
- Papers: lime gingham, lilac dot
- Prima Dynasty White Flower Centers
- Self-adhesive crystal gem lines
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, one-quart plastic bowl, latex gloves, hot water, tongs, measuring spoon, measuring cup, stir stick, paper towels, plastic tablecloth (to cover surface)
- Small alphabet stamp set
- Circle punch, 3/8”
- Scoring board
- Black ink pad
- Rit Dye Dark Brown Dye
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- 1. Wearing latex gloves, fill bowl with one cup hot water. Stir in two tablespoons dark brown dye. Place clothespins into bowl for three minutes; remove and place on paper towels to dry.
- 2. Trim 3” from one edge of doily; stamp desired text onto doily. Adhere to front of flat bag.
- 3. For rosette, cut 1”x12” paper strip. Score every 3/8” and accordion-fold strip. Adhere ends together; let dry. Press down on center to create rosette. Punch 3/8” circle from contrasting paper and adhere to center of rosette. Adhere flower center to circle. Adhere rosette to bag as shown.
- 4. Fill bag as desired. Fold top down 1”; apply gem row across top edge. Secure fold with dyed clothespin.
- 1. For more variety, look for doily dies from several manufacturers.
by Melony Miller Bradley