Blooming Flourish Card & Favor Box
sizes: card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; box, 3-1/2”-wide
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Certainly Celery
- STAEDTLER Watercolor Paper
- BoBunny Country Garden Stripe Paper
- Pearl brads
- Trims: black seam binding, white tulle
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, non-stick craft mat, stamp cleaner
- STAEDTLER Ergosoft Aquarell Watercolor Pencils
- STAEDTLER Lumocolor Black Permanent Marker
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Damask Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders Dies: Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Squares, Blossom Three; Shapeabilities Floral Flourishes
- Silhouette Cameo Cutting System
- Creations by AR Heart Basket Box Cutting File
- Imaginisce Tools: Petal Roller, Piercing Tool, Foam Mat
- Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp Sets: Sweet William Small, Dreams
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Grid Blocks
- Ranger Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs, Archival Jet Black
- Inky Antics Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits)
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Ink Blending Tool, Craft Nibs and Holder
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals Foam Dots
- Favor Box
- 1. Download Heart Basket cutting file from www.creationsbyar.com. Import into Silhouette Studio Designer Software, remove holes, and cut from black cardstock. Resize heart at 80%; cut from cream cardstock.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to score and assemble box using Scor-Tape.
- 3. Die cut two green cardstock flourishes. Emboss cream heart and flourishes with damask texture. Sponge all edges Gathered Twigs. Adhere to front of box as shown.
- 4. Make flower as indicated; adhere to box with foam dots.
- 5. Wrap filling in tulle; tie with seam binding. Place in box.
- 1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” cream top-fold card. Sponge edges Gathered Twigs.
- 2. Cut 4”x5-1/4” cream panel; emboss with damask texture. Sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Mat on black cardstock; adhere to card.
- 3. Cut green paper to fit embossed panel; sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Stamp Jet Black sentiment; adhere panel to card.
- 4. Die cut two black #3 Fleur de Lis Squares. Cut slightly smaller cream square; emboss, ink edges, and adhere to one black square. Adhere to card with foam dots.
- 5. Cut two sides from remaining black square; adhere across top of green panel.
- 6. Die cut two green cardstock flourishes; emboss, ink edges, and adhere to card.
- 7. Make flower as indicated; adhere to card with foam dots.
- 1. For each flower, use Jet Black ink to stamp one small, one medium, and two large flowers onto STAEDTLER Watercolor Paper. See Photo 1.
- 2. Color detail lines with light purple STAEDTLER Ergosoft Pencil. See Photo 2.
- 3. Color outer flower edges with dark purple pencil. See Photo 3.
- 4. To blend colors, dip craft nib into Gamsol. Using circular motion, pull pigment into petals. See Photo 4.
- 5. Define colored flowers with Lumocolor Marker. See Photo 5.
- 6. Die cut flowers using Blossom Three dies. Sponge flower edges Gathered Twigs. See Photo 6.
- 7. Make 1/4” cuts between petals. Shape petals with hands and petal roller tool; pierce center.
- 8. Stagger and layer four flowers smallest to largest. Insert brad in center.
- 1. Enlarge card dimensions to create a matching wedding card box for the reception.
by Lisa Somerville for STAEDTLER-Mars Ltd.