Tissue Paper Dahlia Gift Topper
- Lilac tissue paper, two complementary shades, 15-20 sheets
- Jeweled pearl button, 1”
- Creative Impressions Pastel Rounds Paper Fasteners
- Ribbon: Hobby Lobby The Ribbon Boutique Lime Grosgrain, 7/8”-wide; American Crafts Premium Fern Satin, 1-1/2”-wide
scissors, ruler, pencil, paper piercer and mat, transparent tape
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Grand Nestabilities Grand Dahlia Dies
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. Smooth and layer tissue paper sheets into one stack, randomly varying colors. Cut four 8”x8” squares from tissue stack.
- 2. Die cut Grand Dahlia shapes #1 through #4, cutting one shape from each 8”x8” tissue stack.
- 3. Pierce center of each layered dahlia with paper piercer; insert lilac brad. Separate tissue layers of each dahlia and twist gently around brad to offset petals slightly. Fluff and crumple layers to add dimension.
- 4. Using glue gun, adhere four dahlias together to create large blossom; adhere pearl button to center.
- 5. Layer and wrap ribbons around package, taping ends at back. Using glue gun, adhere dahlia to ribbon.
- 1. Die cut flower layers from white tissue, patterned tissue, or vintage sewing patterns for different looks.
by Windy Robinson for Spellbinders Paper Arts