Vintage Framed Bridge Card
Rustic covered bridges like this have a special place in America’s heart and history. Use Heartfelt Creations’ coordinating stamps, dies, and papers to recreate that feel in a lovely, nostalgic card.
- Heartfelt Creations Classic Editions Paper Collection (HCDP1 224)
- White cardstock
- Blue Moon Beads Gold Glass Pearls
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, sponge dauber
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Open Vintage Floret (HCPC 3500), Vintage Floret Frame (HCPC 3522), Natural Beauty (HCPC 3526)
- Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Dies: Decorative Leafy Frame (HCD 731), Vintage Floret Die (HCD 727)
- Tombow Dual Brush Markers: Dark Violet (559), Saddle Brown (977), Wine Red (837), Tan (942), Purple Sage (623), Carnation (761), Avocado (098), Cool Gray #1 (N95), Cool Gray #8 (N53), Light Orange (025), Chocolate (969), Colorless Blender (N00)
- Ink Pads: Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk Ink Prussian Blue, Olive Pastel, Maroon, Chestnut Roan; Ranger Archival Jet Black
- Clear detail embossing powder
- Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
- McGill Paper Blossoms Molding Mat and Tool Kit
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape, Art Institute Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- 1. 7"x5"
- 1. Make 7”x5” top-fold card from green/brown Classic Editions paper. Sponge edges Chestnut Roan.
- 2. Stamp Jet Black covered bridge image onto white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder.
- 3. Using photo as guide, color main image with markers. Blend colors with colorless blender marker.
- 4. Trim image panel to 6-1/4”x4-1/4”; very lightly sponge background Prussian Blue and Olive Pastel. Distress paper edges with paper distresser. Sponge distressed edges Chestnut Roan.
- 5. Cut 6-1/2”x4-1/2” maroon Classic Editions paper panel. Distress paper edges and sponge Chestnut Roan.
- 6. Layer and adhere paper panels to card front.
- 7. Stamp Chestnut Roan frame image onto pale gold Classic Editions paper. Sponge frame Chestnut Roan; shade leaves with Olive Pastel ink and colorless blender marker. Die cut frame using Decorative Leafy Frame die. Sponge inside frame edges Chestnut Roan. Adhere frame to card using foam tape.
- 8. Stamp Chestnut Roan floret images onto pale gold Classic Editions paper. Sponge florets Maroon. Shape floret layers using molding mat and stylus. Adhere floret layers together using Designer Dries Clear Adhesive; adhere pearls to floret centers. Adhere florets to frame as shown
- 1. For a tutorial on how to successfully cut out an intricate die image, please visit our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/heartfeltcreations and watch the video featuring the Sweet Serenity Collection.
by Linda Bontrager for Heartfelt Creations