Holiday Caterpillar Ornament
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam balls: one 1-1/2”, four 1-1/2”
- Lime green fabric, 4”x7”
- Red fleece, 4”square
- Ribbon, scrap
- Black beads, two
- Fabric glue
- Black marker
- 1. Gently press sides of plastic-foam balls on work surface (to flatten).
- 2. Measure and cut 4”x7” green fabric strip. Glue long edges of fabric together, forming tube.
- 3. Insert small plastic-foam balls (body) into fabric tube. Insert large plastic-foam ball into tube (head). Stretch fabric tube over head and glue ends.
- 4. Glue black beads (eyes) on head. Use black marker to draw mouth.
- 5. For hat, measure and cut 4” red fleece square. Cut square in half on diagonal; glue long sides together. Use green floss to tie end of hat. Glue hat on head.
- 6. For scarf, tie ribbon around neck. Trim ends.
by Debra Quartermain for The Dow Chemical Co.