- FOR EACH:
- Cardstock or construction paper: red, black
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Red embroidery floss
- Plaid Simply Stencil: Swirl (29156)
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics: Emperor’s Gold
- Hole punch
- Decorative-edge scissors & regular scissors
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Use hole punch to punch hole (for tail) on body.
- 2. Use black marker to outline elephant’s body and head.
- 3. For tail, measure and cut 3” bunch of embroidery floss. Stack floss together. Insert one end of floss through hole on body. Braid floss. Knot remaining end. Trim ends even.
- 4. Fold elephant’s body on dashed lines as indicated on pattern. Glue tabs between legs together, overlapping 1”, under body.
- 5. For blanket, measure and cut 4”x7-1/2” black paper rectangle. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut short sides of rectangle. Use hole punch to punch holes, 1/2” apart, along long sides of rectangle.
- 6. On covered work surface, use stencil and Emperor’s Gold to stencil design on center of blanket. Let dry. Glue blanket on elephant’s body.
- 7. Glue wiggle eyes on head. Fold head on dashed lines as indicated on pattern. Glue head on body.
- 1. Create smaller elephant by reducing pattern 75%, cutting 3”x5-5/8” black paper rectangle (blanket), braiding 1-1/2”-long tail, and using smaller wiggle eyes!
by Mary Ayres