Gingerbread Gift Box
- Recycled boxes: mac-n-cheese; cereal
- Cardstock: red; white; cream; tan
- Red/white striped ribbon
- Red/white baker’s twine (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Red buttons, four
- Wooden spring-type clothespin
- Stamps (Purple Onion Designs): Gingerbread Man (#STGM); Celebrate the Seasons Noteblock (#CSNB)
- Archival ink pads (Ranger): Jet Black; Sepia
- Red colored pencil
- White gel pen
- Arch Lattice border punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Cosmetic sponge
- X-ACTO knife and self-healing mat (Elmer’s)
- Adhesives: redline tape; dimensional clear dots; mini clear dots; glue stick
- 1. Cut top flap from box. Trace sides and bottom of box onto red cardstock, cut out and glue to box using glue stick. Let dry.
- 2. Stamp Jet Black sentiment onto cream cardstock; trim to size and lightly sponge entire surface Sepia.
- 3. Punch arch lattice border down two opposite edges of white cardstock. Cut punched strips from cardstock, leaving narrow solid border along bottom edges. Cut border pieces to fit each side of sentiment block; adhere strips to back of block. Adhere entire piece to front of box using redline tape.
- 4. Thread twine through buttons and tie knots; adhere to lattice using mini adhesive dots.
- 5. Stamp Jet Black gingerbread image three times onto tan cardstock. Adhere card stock to recycled cereal box; cut out gingerbread using X-ACTO knife. Sponge pieces with Sepia ink. Color cheeks with red pencil and icing with white gel pen; let dry.
- 6. Tie 7” ribbon length into small bow. Adhere bow and one gingerbread to clothespin using dimensional adhesive dot; clip clothespin to top of box. Adhere remaining gingerbread to box in same way.
by Debbie Kaste