Turkey Time Place Setting
- Muslin fabric, 2 yds. (for two sets)
- Felt, 8”x10” sheets: two brown; orange, red
- Manila file folders, three
- Orange cardstock
- Recycled toilet paper tube
- Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint: Slick: Brown, Yellow, Orange, True Red
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Plastic-coated wire
- Aleene’s: Crystal Clear Tacky Spray, Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using tacky spray.
- 1. Measure and cut 10” circle from newspaper; fold in half. Cut half-circle from manila folder with rounded edge on fold. Position manila half-circle on muslin fabric; cut out shape.
- 2. On covered work surface, spray manila half-circle with tacky spray. Press muslin circle on manila half-circle; smooth edges. Let dry.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Glue turkey body, head, beak, and wattle on center of half-circle. See photo. Glue wiggle eyes on head.
- 4. For feathers, paint Brown, Orange, True Red, and Yellow lines from turkey body out to edges of fabric. Let dry.
- 5. Measure and cut 1-1/2”x8” strip from manila folder. Open centerpiece; glue strip along bottom folded edge (to stand upright).
- 1. Measure and cut 14”x19” muslin rectangle. Carefully fray edges by pulling thread ends.
- 2. For feathers, cut 3” circle from muslin fabric. Position circle on corner of rectangle. Trim circle edges even with rectangle edges. See photo.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint feathers Brown, Orange, True Red, and Yellow. Let dry. Glue feathers on corner.
- 4. Print and cut out pattern. Glue turkey body, head, wattle, beak, and eyes on feathers. Glue feet on bottom of body.
- Napkin Holder
- 1. Measure and cut 4” section from toilet paper tube. Wrap and glue orange felt around toilet paper tube. Let dry.
- 2. Measure and cut 5” circle from manila file folder; cut in half. Measure and cut 5” circle from muslin fabric; cut in half. Glue muslin half-circle on manila half-circle.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint feathers on half-circle Brown, Orange, True Red, and Yellow. Let dry.
- 4. Print and cut out patterns. Glue turkey body, head, wattle, beak, eyes, and legs on front of toilet paper tube.
- 5. Glue feathers on back of toilet paper tube. Let dry.
- 6. Measure and cut 8” wire length. Wrap wire length around top of toilet paper tube. Curl wire length around pencil. Measure and cut two 3” cardstock squares. Sandwich wire end through cardstock square; glue together. Write name on center of cardstock square.
by Debbie Rines for iLoveToCreate, a Duncan Enterprises Co.