Kernels of Thanks
- Burlap, 30”x50”
- Green felt, 1/4 yd.
- Wooden alphabet letters
- Black cardstock
- Yellow construction paper
- Adhesive-back Velcro strips or squares
- Fabric and paper glues
- Black marker
- 1. For kernels, measure and cut 2-1/2” yellow paper circles. Have students or kids write what they are most thankful for on kernel.
- 2. Measure and cut 3” black cardstock or construction paper circles. Glue kernels on black circles.
- 3. Measure and cut 30”x50” burlap rectangle. Apply Velcro strips or squares on center of rectangle and on back of kernels. Arrange kernels on rectangle.
- 4. Print and cut out pattern. Adjust husk pieces if needed. Glue husk pieces on sides of kernels on rectangle.
- 5. Use wooden alphabet letters to spell “Kernels of Thanks” on top of rectangle. Or cut letters from construction paper or cardstock. Hang rectangle to display.
by Melony Bradley