Fabric Table Pumpkins
- POOF-Slinky Plastic Slinky Jr., any color
- Cotton fabric, in autumn colors, 8-1/2”x18”
- Felt scraps: light green, dark green
- Round clothespin
- Brown or light green chenille stem
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, spring clothespins, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Brown acrylic paint
- Hand saw
- Fabric glue
- 1. Adults, help kids when cutting clothespins.
- 2. Measure and cut 8-1/2”x18” fabric rectangle. Adhere 8-1/2” fabric edges with right sides together, leaving 1/4” border. Let dry. Turn fabric right side out.
- 3. Insert slinky into fabric rectangle. Tuck fabric ends into slinky; adhere to secure. Use spring clothespins to hold in place while drying.
- 4. For leaves, cut two 2” teardrop shapes from light green or dark green felt. Adhere leaves on top of pumpkin.
- 5. For stem, cut bottom from round clothespin and recycle cut end. On covered work surface, paint top of clothespin brown. Let dry. Wrap brown or light green chenille stem around stem; curl ends. Adhere stem in center of pumpkin.
- 1. Check out your local dollar store for Slinky and Slinky Jr. toys.
by Pam Sicely