Acorn Placemat & Placecards
sizes: placemat, 16”; cards, 5”
- Craft foam: dark brown, light brown, orange, yellow
- Yellow cardstock
- Wooden alphabet letters
- Alphabet stickers
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Light Hauser Green Acrylic Paint; Foam Paints: Yellow, Orange, Brown
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. For placemat, enlarge acorn patterns to desired size.
- 2. On covered work surface, use Brown paint to draw diagonal lines on acorn top and around acorn bottom. Use Yellow and Orange paint to add details on leaves. Let dry.
- 3. Adhere acorn top to acorn bottom. Adhere leaves on top of acorn.
- 4. For place cards, paint wooden alphabet letters Light Hauser Green. Let dry. Adhere alphabet letter (for person’s first initial) on center of acorn. Press alphabet stickers to spell out name.
- 5. Measure and cut 2”x6” yellow cardstock rectangle. Fold rectangle in half. To stand, adhere rectangle on back of place card.
- 1. Substitute alphabet stickers with a black marker when writing guests’ names.
by Melony Miller Bradley