Pumpkin Squares Card
size: 5” square
- Blank card, 5” square
- Polka-dot print paper, 5” square
- Midwest Products: Birch Plywood, Basswood Strips, Orange PVC Sheet, Gold Mirror Styrene, Cellfoam 88
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Canyon Orange, Foliage Green
- Green plastic-coated wire, 6” length
- Ellison Sizzix Brand Machine and Dies: Pumpkin, Jack-o-lantern
- Paper glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Measure and cut 5” print paper square. Glue square on front of card blank.
- 2. Measure and cut one 5” length and two 2-1/2” lengths from basswood strip.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint basswood strips Foliage Green. Let dry. Glue strips on front of card, creating four squares.
- 4. Use machine and pumpkin die to cut two shapes from cellfoam sheet, one shape from plywood sheet, one shape from orange pvc sheet, and one shape from gold styrene sheet.
- 5. Paint cellfoam pumpkins and plywood pumpkin Canyon Orange. Let dry. Paint stems Foliage Green. Let dry.
- 6. Use machine and jack-o-lantern die to cut shape from orange pvc sheet. Glue orange shape on top of gold pumpkin shape. Let dry.
- 7. Measure and cut two 3” green wire lengths. Wrap one length around top of one pumpkin and other length around top of jack-o-lantern. Spot glue to secure.
- 8. Glue pumpkins on center of square on front of card. Glue jack-o-lantern in bottom right square on front of card. Let dry.
by Debby Forshey-Choma for Midwest Products