Paper Plate Pumpkin Holder
- Paper plates, two 9”
- Wooden shapes: triangles, squares, large teardrops
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Tangelo Orange, Hauser Med. Green, Cadmium Yellow
- Green chenille stem
- Green string or yarn, 12” length
- Hole punch
- Craft glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For pocket, cut one paper plate in half; recycle cut piece.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint bottom edge of pocket Cadmium Yellow (for mouth). Paint top of pocket Tangelo Orange. Paint remaining paper plate Tangelo Orange. Let dry.
- 3. Paint three wooden triangles (eyes and nose) Cadmium Yellow, seven wooden squares (teeth) Tangelo Orange, two wooden teardrops (leaves) and one wooden square (stem) Hauser Med. Green. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to outline painted shapes.
- 5. Glue edges of pocket on front of orange plate. Glue teeth on mouth, nose on top of pocket, and eyes above nose. Glue leaves and stem on top of orange plate.
- 6. Use hole punch to punch two holes on top of orange plate above leaves. Insert chenille stem through holes; twist ends into curls.
- 7. To hang, measure and cut 12” green yarn length. Insert yarn ends through holes on top of plate; knot ends together.
by Loretta Mateik