Ribbon Tote Bag
Doesn’t this bag just scream spring? This stylish tote is easy to make and the perfect accessory for any woman with a busy, on-the-go lifestyle.
- White canvas tote, 8-1/2"x10-1/2"
- Ribbons, 2/3 yd. each: 1/4" hot pink gingham; 7/8" floral print, hot pink, hot pink dot, lime green dot (two lengths); 1-1/4" pink dot
- Lime green rick rack, 1/4"-wide, 2/3 yd.
- Hot pink/lime green embroidered flower trim, 1/2 yd.
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Cut one each of floral print and hot pink ribbons to 23" lengths. Cut two lime green dot ribbons to 23" lengths. Cut one each of lime green rick rack, hot pink dot, pink dot, and hot pink gingham ribbons to 20" lengths.
- 2. Adhere one lime green dot ribbon horizontally around tote, 1" from top edge.
- 3. Starting below lime green dot ribbon, adhere pink dot ribbon vertically, 3" from right side of bag; wrap around bottom and up back of tote to bottom edge of lime green dot ribbon. Adhere hot pink gingham ribbon vertically along pink dot ribbon left side. Adhere hot pink dot ribbon, then rick rack, in same way.
- 4. Adhere floral print ribbon horizontally, below lime green dot ribbon, and hot pink ribbon below floral. Tie remaining 23” lime green dot ribbon length into bow; trim ends diagonally. Adhere to tote as shown.
- 5. Cut two lengths of embroidered flower trim with five flowers each; adhere to front and back of tote along hot pink ribbon.
- 1. Substitute flower appliqués or silk flowers for the embroidered floral trim.
- 2. For a larger or smaller tote, measure around bag in both directions and add 2" to measurements for ribbon lengths.
by Ann Krier