Sleigh Ride Set
sizes: sled ornament, 6-1/2” long; framed art, 8-1/8” square; small box, 1-1/2”x4”x4”; bow ornament, 3-7/8” square; card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”
- Wooden sled ornament, 6-1/2” long
- Divided black wood frame, 8-1/8” square
- Magnetic box, 4”x4” (Stampin’ Up!)
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Basic Black; Very Vanilla; Bordering Blue; Bravo Burgundy
- Be Good Collection papers (Cosmo Cricket)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Corners (Advantus)
- Chocolate Chip wide satin ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
- Metallic gold cording
- Sleigh Ride stamp set (Artistic Outpost)
- Ink pads (Ranger); Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Weathered Wood, Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap and Crushed Olive
- Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
- Creative Inspirations Rustic Red paint (Creative Inspirations)
- Tim Holtz Ink Blending Tool (Ranger)
- Zig H2O waterbrush (EK Success Brands)
- Big Shot shape-cutting system (Sizzix)
- Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders): Labels 3; Classic Circles; Classic Scalloped Circles
- Circle punch, 1/4” (Stampin’ Up!)
- Crop-A-Dile tool (We R Memory Keepers)
- Eclipse Masking Tape (JudiKins)
- Adhesives: foam, clear mini dots; metal glue
- Optional: Bow-Easy tool (Posi-Bendr)
- Sled Ornament
- 1. Use waterbrush and follow manufacturer’s instructions to paint sled Rustic Red; let dry.
- 2. Stamp Jet Black kids image onto Eclipse tape and cut out, cutting just beyond stamped lines. Re-ink and stamp image onto cream cardstock; let dry. Trim image to fit sled, leaving room for cardstock mat. Place mask over image and stamp black trees; remove mask.
- 3. Using ink blending tool, sponge Old Paper ink over entire panel, then sponge Brushed Corduroy and Frayed Burlap around edges. Use waterbrush and Weathered Wood, Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany inks to color image; see close-up photo for details. Mat image on black cardstock; adhere to sled.
- 4. Stamp Jet Black sentiment onto cream cardstock; let dry. Trim to size and ink panel and panel edges in same way as image. Mat on black cardstock and tie to sled with twine hanger.
- Framed Art
- 1. If frame does not come with “spec sheet” detailing opening sizes, measure openings. Cut patterned paper squares to fit border of frame; adhere squares to included or handmade spec sheet.
- 2. Stamp Jet Black kids image and sentiment onto cream cardstock; let dry. Trim image to fit center opening. Repeat Sled Ornament Step 3 to finish panel.
- 3. Spritz panel with Glimmer Mist, let dry and place in frame. Replace spec sheet and close frame back.
- Bow Ornament
- 1. Cut several 1-1/2” paper squares and adhere to 4-1/2”-square area of chipboard. Die cut 3-7/8”-wide label shape from chipboard. Die cut burgundy card stock backing; adhere to back of ornament.
- 2. Add metal corners to chipboard; crimp to secure.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black kids image onto cream cardstock; let dry. Trim image to fit ornament, leaving room for cardstock mat. Repeat Sled Ornament Step 3 to finish panel. Mat on black cardstock and adhere to ornament.
- 4. Use Crop-A-Dile tool to punch hole in top of ornament near metal corner; tie gold cording through hole for hanger. Tie ribbon bow; adhere to ornament with foam dot. Spritz ornament with Glimmer Mist
- 1. Make burgundy, top-fold card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” blue cardstock panel; adhere to card. Cut 3-7/8”x5-1/8” black cardstock panel; adhere to card.
- 2. Cut four paper panels to fit card front, leaving 1/16” border around and between panels. Adhere panels to card. Punch six black cardstock circles; adhere to two opposite panels as shown.
- 3. Repeat Sled Ornament Steps 2 and 3 to create large image panel, coloring trees Crushed Olive. Mat on black cardstock and adhere to card. Spritz card with Glimmer Mist.
- 4. Cut following pieces from paper of choice: two 3-3/4” squares; five 1-1/4”x3-3/4” strips. Cut following pieces from black cardstock: two 3-7/8” squares; five 1-3/8”x3-7/8” strips. Mat papers on cardstock; adhere to all sides of box, including side under magnetic flap.
- 5. Repeat Card Step 3 to create image. Die cut image into small circle before applying Distress Inks. Mat image on larger black circle and coordinating burgundy scalloped circle. Adhere to box with foam dots. Tie ribbon bow; adhere to box lid with foam dot. Spritz box with Glimmer Mist.
by Lisa Somerville