Feed The Monster Tote
size: 12” tall
- Recycled cereal box
- Wooden items: circles, squares
- Purple Duck Brand Duct Tape
- Thick purple ribbon, two 15” lengths
- Green eyelash yarn, 28” length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lavender, Jack O Lantern Orange, Citron Green, Snow White
- Large wiggle eyes, two
- Laminate or acetate sheet, 6” square (for mouth opening)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cut top flaps from cereal box. Measure and draw 4” oval (mouth opening) in center bottom of box. Cut out opening.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint box Lavender, two large circles and seven squares (teeth) Snow White, and various sized circles (spots) Citron Green and Jack O Lantern Orange. Let dry.
- 3. Use black marker to outline shapes.
- 4. For handle, measure and cut two 15” purple ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon ends on sides of box for front and back handles. Let dry.
- 5. Wrap and cut purple duct tape around top and bottom of box (for reinforcement).
- 6. Measure and cut 6” acetate or laminate square. Glue square on inside of box over mouth opening.
- 7. Glue wiggle eyes on large wooden circles. Glue eyes on box above mouth opening. Glue spots on box and teeth around mouth opening. Let dry.
- 8. Wrap and glue eyelash yarn around top edge of box. Let dry.
by Melony Bradley