Stamper's Challenge: Santa Memories
sizes: card, 4-1/2”x6-1/4”; journal, 7-3/8”x9-3/4”
- Composition notebook
- Recycled restaurant coaster, 1/16” thick
- Cardstock: light blue; medium blue; white
- White glossy paper
- Sheer ribbon: 3/8” and 7/8” light blue; white with silver edge
- Metallic silver cording (Stampin’ Up!)
- Crystal rhinestones (Queen & Co.)
- White eyelets, two
- White brads, five (Creative Impressions)
- Stamps: Pam Bell Collection Stocking Stuffer (#PB4B-07 OnyxXpressions); assorted snowflake stamps
- Ink pads: Ballet Blue, Night of Navy and Orchid Opulence (Stampin’ Up!); Adirondack Denim, Shell Pink, Cool Peri (Ranger); VersaMark watermark (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder
- COPIC markers (Imagination Intl.): Baby Blue (B21); Manganese Blue (B34); Antwerp Blue (B37); Sand (E33)
- Punches: assorted snowflakes, Corner Rounder and Corbel Corner Adorner (EK Success Brands); Marvy large snowflake (Uchida)
- Die-cutting machine and dies: Cuttlebug You’re Not the Boss of Me Alphabet (ProvoCraft); Nestabilities Curved Rectangles (Spellbinders)
- Foam cosmetic sponges
- Paper piercer
- Detail scissors
- Heat tool
- Adhesives: Scotch Brand foam tape and double-sided tape (3M); Xyron machine and permanent adhesive (Xyron)
- Memories Journal
- 1. Cover notebook covers and spine with light blue cardstock; trim excess with scissors. Cut 7”x9-1/4” white cardstock panel; round corners and punch with Corner Adorner. Set aside.
- 2. Cut 6-1/2”x8-3/4” white panel. Using VersaMark ink, randomly stamp cardstock with largest and smallest snowflake images; heat emboss with clear powder. Sponge Cool Peri ink over entire panel. Using same ink, stamp more solid snowflakes over background. Use tissue to wipe ink from embossing, revealing bright white design. Sponge large snowflake centers Orchid Opulence.
- 3. Slide corners of snowflake sheet into decorative corners of white panel; place strips of double-sided tape along edges to secure layers. Wrap sheer blue ribbon around layered panels; adhere gems to corners. Cut and wrap 48” cord length several times around layers, tying small bow at center front. Adhere panel to notebook; set aside.
- 4. Stamp Santa image onto glossy paper four times, twice with Night of Navy and twice with Denim. Die cut one navy image into 2-1/2”-wide curved rectangle. Before removing die, sponge inside edges Ballet Blue. Detail cut chair only from second navy image; set aside.
- 5. Color one Denim image with COPIC markers, E33 for face and remaining colors for body. Detail cut body, omitting background leg. Using second Denim image, darken fur trim with B27. Detail cut sleeve cuff, coat bottom and entire hat; detail cut stockings. Adhere layers to die-cut navy panel using foam tape.
- 6. Die cut larger medium blue curved rectangle; before removing die, sponge inside Ballet Blue. Adhere rectangles together and to notebook cover.
- 7. Punch three small, medium and large snowflakes from white cardstock. Sponge smallest flakes Orchid Opulence; sponge edges of remaining snowflakes Ballet Blue. Layer snowflakes as shown and join with brad; pierce hole through cardstock first to prevent tearing. Set eyelet in one tip of two large flakes; adhere gems to all remaining large tips. Use foam tape to adhere one flake over corner of Santa panel as shown.
- 8. Adhere medium blue card stock to coaster using Xyron machine. Die cut sentiment from coaster; color edges with coordinating marker. Use Xyron machine to adhere letters to notebook.
- 9. Wrap ribbons and cord around notebook spine, leaving cord ends long. Knot ribbon ends and tie snowflakes to cord ends.
- Santa Card
- 1. Refer to journal instructions. Make medium blue card. Cut 4-1/4”x6” white panel; trim 1/8” from edges after punching. Background paper is 3-3/4”x5-1/2”. Stamp Santa image onto glossy paper three times, once Night of Navy and twice Denim; navy chair is not needed for card. Adhere gems to visible snowflake tips and opposite card corners.
by Ann Clack