Stamper's Challenge: Magic of Christmas
sizes: card, 5-3/8” square; journal, 6” square
- Blank, spiral-bound journal, 6” square (Michaels)
- Cardstock (PaperTrey Ink): Dark Chocolate; Vintage Cream
- Cappella 6”x6” paper pad (BasicGrey)
- True Gifts of Christmas rub-ons (Be Blessed Scrapbooking)
- Brown satin/scalloped edge ribbon, 5/8” (May Arts)
- Chocolate Pretty Pearls (A Muse Art Stamps)
- Pam Bell Collection Stocking Stuffer stamp (#PB4B-07 OnyxXpressions)
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Memento dye; VersaMagic Wheat pigment
- COPIC markers (Imagination Intl.): Pale Fruit Pink (E000); Skin White (E00); Cream Soda (E53); Pink Beryl (R0000); Blush (R20); Putty (YG91); Grayish Yellow (YG93); Warm Gray (W00, W1, W3 and W5)
- Punches: 1/4” square (EK Success Brands); Apron Strings border (Fiskars)
- Prismacolor colored pencils (Newell Rubbermaid)
- Foam sponge or dauber
- Paper distressing tool
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Foam adhesive squares or dots
- Believe in the Magic Card
- 1. Make top-fold brown card base. Cut 4-7/8” striped paper square and 5-1/8” brown cardstock square; adhere layers and set aside. (see photos)
- 2. Cut a 3-3/8”x4-3/4” brown cardstock piece and punch bottom long edge with border punch. Cut 3-1/8”x4-5/8” pink floral piece and adhere to cardstock at center. Sew straight stitch along top, left side and bottom of panel. Adhere to bottom of striped block, aligning right edges.
- 3. Stamp Santa onto cream cardstock; trim to 3”x4-1/8”. Using photo as guide, color image with markers, adding shading with colored pencils. Sponge edges with Wheat ink. Distress edges and mat onto brown cardstock. Straight stitch around edges and adhere over pink block.
- 4. Cut 7/8”x2-1/8” cream cardstock strip; apply rub-on sentiment. Sponge and distress edges; mat onto brown cardstock. Adhere center of strip to card as shown. Zig-zag stitch ends to layered panel.
- 5. Adhere three medium pearls to top left corner of panel; adhere two tiny pearls to corners of each stocking on image.
- 6. Adhere layered panel to card front using foam squares.
- Spirit of Christmas Journal
- 1. Remove journal covers. Cut two 5-3/4” brown cardstock squares and align on journal covers; tape in place temporarily. Turn covers over and trace holes onto cardstock; punch holes with 1/4” square punch. Adhere cardstock to journal covers, aligning punched holes. (see photos)
- 2. Cut and adhere 5-1/4”x5-1/2” striped paper piece to front cover. Repeat Card Steps 2-4 to finish journal cover, cutting 3/4”x1-7/8” strip for rub-on sentiment. Do not adhere elements to cover yet; adhere Santa block over pink block only.
- 3. Cut 12” ribbon length. Adhere one end of ribbon beneath matted rub-on sentiment and adhere sentiment to layered blocks as shown. Zig-zag stitch ends to layered panel. Adhere layered piece to journal cover. Place ribbon end inside journal cover for use as bookmark.
- 4. Adhere two tiny pearls to corners of each stocking on image.
by Michele Boyer