Dutch Delft Tile
size: 4” square
- White glazed tile, 4” square
- Krylon Brights Fluorescent Paint Pens: Bright Blue
- Light blue felt, 4” square
- Light blue ribbon, 12” length
- Metal hooks, two
- Clear contact paper
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Wash and dry tile. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern onto 4” clear contact paper square. Cut out design, creating stencil. Position contact paper on front of tile.
- 2. Use paint pen to trace around design on stencil. Let dry 10 minutes. Remove stencil.
- 3. Use paint pen to add curlicues, crisscrossed lines, and dots on flowers. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut 4”x5” felt square. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim top and bottom edges. Glue felt square on back of tile square with decorative trimmed edges on top and bottom. Let dry.
- 5. Glue hooks on bottom back of tile. For hanger, measure and cut 6” ribbon length. Glue ribbon ends on top back of tile.
- 1. If you make a mistake when painting, use a small amount of nail polish remover and a q-tip to remove paint!
by Sandy Rollinger