- United States map (designer used laminated cardstock version)
- Adhesive-back magnets, 50
- Chalkboard or magnetic board
- Optional: Wiggle eyes, 100
- Markers or colored pencils
- Craft glue
- 1. Cut apart states.
- 2. Create book “characters” by using markers and colored pencils to draw and color facial features on each state.
- 3. Glue wiggle eyes on each state or use marker to draw eyes.
- 4. Remove backing from magnets. Press magnet on back of each state.
- 5. Position states on chalkboard or magnetic board. Each day, move two states into different places. Have students determine what states are out of position to learn geography.
by Charlene Kochensparger