size: 6” tall
- FOR EACH:
- Child’s sock, in color of choice
- Recycled toilet paper tube
- Felt, scraps: orange; colors of choice
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Fabric glue
- 1. For each owl, stuff toe of sock with fiberfill stuffing. Insert toilet paper tube into sock (for body).
- 2. For tummy, gently stuff sock on toilet paper tube, creating round stomach area. Add fiberfill stuffing (if needed) so owl stands upright.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Glue feet on bottom of body. Glue wings on sides of body. For feathers, cut 1/2” squares from felt in colors of choice. Use scissors to round edges. Glue feathers on body.
- 4. For forehead, cut 3” triangle from felt color of choice. For beak, cut 2” orange felt triangle. For cheeks, cut two 2” ovals from felt color of choice. Glue forehead, beak, and cheeks on face.
- 5. Glue eyes on sides of beak.
for Catherine A. Winn