Beaded Tassel Pens
- Ballpoint pen
- Embroidery floss, in colors of choice
- Beads, in designs of choice
- Aleene’s Instant Decoupage Sealer & Finish
- Sponge scrap
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For tassel, measure and cut 5” length of embroidery floss. Tie knot on one end. String beads onto length in desired pattern. Knot other end, leaving 1/2” on end.
- 2. For pen body, wrap embroidery floss around length, pulling floss tight on pen body. If using two colors, alternate colors, creating patterns as desired.
- 3. Position tassel on end of pen; wrap embroidery floss around end of tassel, securing on pen body.
- 4. On covered work surface, use decoupage finish to spot glue ends on pen. Use sponge scrap to apply thin layer of decoupage finish along pen body. Let dry.
by Cindy Jacobsen