Casted Flower Magnets
- Scene-A-Rama Casting Plaster; Moon Sand
- Decorative buttons, various sizes
- Acrylic paints, in colors of choice
- Embellishments: beads, crystals, etc.
- Adhesive-back magnets
- Craft glue
- Small and large plastic containers
- Masking tape
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, pour moon sand into large plastic container. Smooth sand flat.
- 2. Apply masking tape around back of each button. Press button into sand, creating impression.
- 3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix casting plaster and water in small plastic container. Pour plaster into each button impression. Let set for 30 minutes.
- 4. When completely dry, use toothpick to remove button from sand. Gently brush sand off plaster impression.
- 5. Paint plaster button impressions in paint colors of choice. Let dry. If desired, glue beads or crystals on plaster button impressions.
- 6. Glue magnet on back of each plaster impression.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using plaster.
by Amy Wagner for Scene-A-Rama