- Recycled juice box with straw
- Construction paper, in color of choice
- Plastic straws, two
- Round Lifesaver candies (or candy with center hole), four
- Safety pins, four
- Black electrical tape
- Hole punch
- Craft glue
- Black marker
- 1. Cut side of juice box with straw hole. (This side will be bottom of car.) Set cut piece aside.
- 2. Measure and cut construction paper same-size as sides of car. Glue pieces on juice box. Let dry.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Cut spoiler and headlights from construction paper scraps.
- 4. Glue spoiler and headlights on car. Cut numbers from construction paper. Glue numbers on side of car.
- 5. Press electrical tape down center of car. See photo.
- 6. For wheels, punch two holes, evenly spaced, on both sides of car. Measure and cut plastic straw into 3-1/2” lengths. Insert straw lengths through holes. Insert candies on straw lengths. Attach safety pins on ends of straws. (Wheels should move easily.) Spot glue to secure.
- 7. For exhaust pipe, cut 4” plastic straw length. Insert straw through original juice box hole. Spot glue to secure.
by Karon Winter