- For Each:
- Recycled peanut canister
- Craft foam: green, white, yellow, blue
- Acrylic paints: tan, pink, red, brown
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove label from canister. Wash and dry canister.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Follow directions on patterns to cut craft foam pieces. Cut faces from white craft foam.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint faces tan or color of choice. Let dry. Paint girl’s hair red and boy’s hair brown or in colors of choice. Paint cheeks pink. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to draw smiles, eyes, and add ear details.
- 5. For boy, glue body and head around canister. Glue yellow tie around canister.
- 6. For girl, glue body and head around canister. Glue badge on side of canister.
- 7. Glue green cap on girl’s head and blue/yellow cap on boy’s head. Let dry.
by Rebecca Spohn