Feathered Arm Bands
- For Pair:
- Feathers, in primary and bright colors
- Craft foam, two 2”x10” (or to fit around arm)
- Wooden shapes: circles, teardrops
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Red, Primary Yellow, Salem Blue
- Wiggle eyes, eight
- Adhesive-back Velcro squares
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, paint for parrot: circles (heads) Primary Red and teardrops (beaks) Primary Yellow. For bluebird, paint teardrops (heads) Salem Blue and teardrops (wings) Primary Yellow. Let dry.
- 2. Use black marker to outline heads, beaks, and wings.
- 3. Glue beaks on parrots and wings on bluebirds. Let dry.
- 4. For each set of armbands, measure and cut two 2”x10” craft foam rectangles. (Make sure to measure around child’s arm and adjust size if needed.)
- 5. Glue feathers on craft foam rectangles, leaving 2” uncovered on end.
- 6. Glue parrots or bluebirds on feathers along length of armbands.
- 7. Remove backing from Velcro squares. Apply Velcro squares on ends of each armband.
by Melony Bradley