Christmas Tree Candy Holder
- ColorCore Cardstock (Core’dinations): Vintage Collection pastel green; CoreEssentials Collection brown, red, green and golden yellow
- Muffin for Christmas digital stamp set (Whimsie Doodles)
- Chunky crystal glitter (Impress Rubber Stamps)
- Aleene’s Paper Glaze (iLoveToCreate)
- Cuttlebug D’vine Swirl embossing folder (ProvoCraft™) and compatible embossing system
- Hole punch
- Sanding block or sandpaper
- Candies in small cellophane bag
- Computer with printer
- 1. Cut 4”x12” pastel green cardstock panel. Score panel 5” from each short end and fold to create “tent” shape. Place candy bag inside tent, aligning top edges, and punch two holes at top. Tie twine bow through holes.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print digital stamp image three times onto cardstock, once each on brown, red and yellow. Carefully cut star and bell from yellow image; set all aside.
- 3. Cut entire wooden basket from brown image and bow and ribbon from red image. Adhere basket, ribbon, bell and bow to yellow base image.
- 4. Cut apart one remaining tree, either red or brown, into three individual layers, removing star and basket. Use layers as patterns and trace onto green cardstock. Cut out layers and emboss with swirls pattern; gently sand raised area to reveal texture. Glue overlapping layers to yellow base image, leaving scalloped edges free and dimensional. Glue tree to front of candy holder.
- 5. Coat yellow star with Paper Glaze and glitter; shake off excess and let dry. Glue star to treetop.
- 1. Don’t need treat bags this year? Alter the dimensions to create a tree card instead. The stamp set, containing six downloadable, mix-and-match images, gives you lots of flexibility.
- 2. Save time! Adhere a die-cut cardstock tree, star or other holiday shape to the front of the candy holder.
- 3. For a glitzier version, add dots of glitter glue to tree layers; tie with metallic ribbon.
by Linda Beeson for Core'dinations